First National Bank (FNB) is the most trusted and leading name among banks in South Africa. They have the largest nationwide network of Fnb bank branches and offer an array of accounts ranging from basic accounts to premium ones. At FNB, you can be assured of finding an account to fits your criteria.
Customers can register a First National Bank Account if they want to put money away for the future while also earning interest on their deposits. Customers can opt to create a savings account at one of the over 650 branches available to them and take advantage of the convenience that comes with a savings account.
Revision of Interest Rates on FNB Savings Bank Deposits with effect from 26-05-2023
|Interest (per annum)
|R1 – R19 999
|R20 000 – R24 999
|R25 000 – R74 999
|R75 000 – R99 999
Why Choose an FNB Savings Account?
Through its network of branches in South Africa and overseas, FNB provides a range of financial products including the FNB Savings Account. The savings account has a variety of benefits and services. The most attractive features are that the savings account does not require a minimum balance and provides an Automated Teller Machine (ATM)/Debit card, net banking, credit card, and mobile banking facilities.
Key Benefits of FNB Savings Account
The following are the key benefits of the Fnb savings account:
- Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Cellphone Banking
- Transfer accounts to any FNB Branch without changing the account number
- Passbook issued free of charge
- Multicity cheques
- Safe Deposit lockers
- Nomination facility
- Personal Accident Insurance and car insurance is available at a nominal premium
- Multiple variants of ATM/Debit Cards like Gold Cards, International ATM/Debit Cards, etc.
Read our previously published article on How to Find Fnb Bank Account Number Online/Offline.
Here are some of the additional benefits of an FNB savings account:
- Mobile Banking provides a host of services like funds transfers, interbank mobile payment services, enquiry and Fnb Bank statements, chequebook requests, utility bill payments, mobile recharges, and M-Commerce.
- Some of the facilities of FNB Net Banking are opening and closing fixed deposits and transferring funds paying utility bills, online shopping, viewing statements and Demat operations, and setting standing instructions.
- The Debit card can be used for balance enquiry, withdrawing money, paying insurance premiums, shopping, donations, and card-to-card transfers.
How To Open an Online FNB Savings Account?
Follow the steps mentioned below to open a savings account online in First National Bank (FNB):
Step 1: Visit the official website of First National Bank (www.fnb.co.za)
Step 2: Under the ‘Accounts’ section, Tap on the ‘Savings Account’ option.
Step 3: Tap on the ‘Apply’ option.
Step 4: Enter the requested details such as your name, date of birth, address, etc., in the application form.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Submit’ option.
Step 6: Once this process is finished, go to the branch with the necessary documentation.
Step 7: FNB will initiate the verification process and activate your account within three to five business days.
Steps to Open Account in First National Bank (FNB) Offline
To open a Fnb savings account at any nearest Fnb Bank branch, customers will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the nearest branch of FNB.
Step 2: Ask for a form to open a savings account.
Step 3: Fill out the form according to the specifications.
Step 4: Enter all the requested information and submit it along with relevant documents.
Step 5: Deposit a minimum amount of R100.
Step 6: Take your free passbook and chequebook once the process is completed.
Eligibility for First National Bank Account
To be eligible to open an account in First National Bank, customers need to meet certain criteria:
- Should be a citizen of South Africa.
- The individual should be 18 years and above to be eligible.
- In the case of minors, the parents or legal guardians of the minor can open the account on their behalf.
- The applicant is required to have a valid identity and address proof that is government-approved.
- Following approval from the bank, the applicant will have to make an initial deposit – depending on the minimum balance requirement of that particular savings account he/she has chosen.
FNB Account Helpline
For any help, grievance, or request related to the FNB Bank account, customers can contact the helpline at – 087 575 9404, 087 736 7001.
FAQs on Steps to Open FNB Account
It takes a total of three to five to get your FNB account activated.
The facility of internet banking is provided by the bank.
Valid South African ID book/card. Proof of residential address (e.g. original council/telephone bill reflecting your parent’s, legal guardian’s, or your name and address) Foreign nationals will be required to present a work or study permit.
FNB offers no monthly account fees on Easy Zero and added benefits for its customers.
When you open an account online, you’ll need to make an initial deposit or add money to the account.
Editorial Note: The information presented in this article is not provided by the First National Bank (FNB). The article has been created for educational purposes and is intended to be helpful for customers of the Bank. It should be emphasized that the content is not endorsed or validated by the Bank, and readers should refer to the official website for accurate and up-to-date information about the bank’s products and services.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.