Here is a step-by-step guide to easily apply for a credit card in the Capitec Bank.
- The minimum age to apply for the Capitec Bank credit card should be at least 18 years.
- The maximum age to apply for a credit card should not be more than 60 years.
- The credit score of the applicant must be decent to avail of a Global One card.
With the advancement in technology, applying for a credit card has become simpler and easier. Capitec Bank offers various rewards for transactions done via credit card. Through Capitec Bank, you can effortlessly apply for a Capitec Credit Card through the official website, www.capitecbank.co.za.
What is the Capitec credit card?
This card is a financial product offered by Capitec Bank, a banking institution in various countries including South Africa. Global One card is designed to offer customers a wide range of benefits and features that suit their lifestyle and financial needs.
Key features of the Global One Credit Card typically include:
Your free virtual card is here! Safely shop online, load it on your favorite apps and scan to pay at tills. Simply activate yours on the latest version of our app. Find out more here: https://t.co/v8IMLhmZIc pic.twitter.com/570PLlzvh1— Capitec (@CapitecBankSA) November 24, 2020
- Up to 55 days of interest-free credit on POS and online purchases, if you settle your outstanding balance in full by the due date.
- Capitec Bank typically offers online banking platforms and mobile apps that allow cardholders to manage their accounts, track their spending, and make payments conveniently.
- Advanced security features such as chip technology and one-time passwords help protect against fraudulent transactions.
- Capitec Bank generally provides customer support services to assist cardholders with any inquiries, issues, or concerns related to their credit card account.
- You can earn up to 3.50% per year interest on a positive balance on the card.
- Set your personalized transaction limits. (If you have not set your personalized limits, the Capitec Bank discretionary default limits will apply).
- Credit limit up to R500 000.
Capitec Credit Card Fee 2024
|11.75% – 22.25%
(based on your credit profile)
How to apply for a credit card in Capitec Bank
To apply for the Capitec credit card, you have first to check the eligibility criteria, whether you are a salaried or self-employed individual. The bank provides several credit cards based on the eligibility criteria of the person who has applied for the cards. Several factors determine the eligibility of a candidate:
1- Age: To apply for a credit card, the applicant’s minimum age should be at least 18 years. The maximum age for the applicant to apply for a credit card is 60 years.
2- Credit Score: The credit score plays a crucial role in deciding whether an applicant is eligible for a credit card or not. The credit score of a credit card applicant must be decent enough to get a credit card.
3- Income: A person with a regular income can apply for a card.
4- Documentation: Different documents such as valid proof of identity, address, and income are required to apply for a credit card.
Here are some steps to applying for a credit card at Capitec Bank
- Visit the official website of the Capitec Bank, www.capitecbank.co.za.
- Choose the best credit card according to your needs.
- Now, select a Card of choice and click ‘Apply Now’.
- Fill in the form and verify your mobile number.
- Tap on the next step and follow the online instructions.
- Once you are done with submitting the form, a representative from the bank will contact you. If you’re eligible for the credit card, your form will be processed further and you’ll receive the card.
Note: If your card is lost or stolen, report the loss or theft immediately by contacting Capitec Bank at 0860 10 20 43. You can also dial *120*3279# from your cellphone, visit capitecbank.co.za, or use your Capitec Bank App. Read our previously published article on checking Capitec bank credit card application status.
What are the Capitec Credit Card Benefits?
- Up to 55 days interest-free period
- Get travel insurance up to R5 million
- Earn up to 3.50% per year on a positive balance
- Free local swipes
- Zero currency conversion fees
- 1% Cash back
Frequently Asked Questions
Up to 55 days interest-free period.
Yes, Earn 3.50% per year on a positive balance.
Immediately stop your card on our banking app, *120*3279#, Internet banking, or call 24hr Client Care Centre.
WhatsApp us on 072 822 1582 or You can directly call on 0860 66 77 18.
Editorial Note: The information presented in this article is not provided by the Capitec Bank. The article has been created for educational purposes and is intended to be helpful for customers of the Bank. It should be emphasized that the content is not endorsed or validated by the Bank, and readers should refer to the official website for accurate and up-to-date information about the bank’s products and services.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.