FNB is a division of FirstRand Limited, a financial services provider in South Africa. It is one of the “big four” banks in the country, along with Absa, Standard Bank, and Nedbank. FNB was founded in Grahamstown (now Makhanda), South Africa, in 1838. It has a long and rich history and has since grown to become one of the leading banking institutions in the country.
Even in banking, the bank has been able to adapt to changing times. The bank recently launched a new line of digital bank accounts, credit cards, and e-wallets. This action has distinguished the bank as one of the industry’s early adopters.
For the purposes of this article, we will concentrate on Fnb bank credit cards. We provide an overview of each FNB card details given below.
What is an FNB Credit Card?
FNB Credit Card is a financial product offered by First National Bank, a financial institution operating in several countries, including South Africa. It is a type of payment card that allows customers to make purchases on credit up to a predefined credit limit. Users can use the FNB card to buy goods and services from various merchants and online platforms.
This card requires a minimum annual income of R84,000.00 for approval. The FNB credit card offers up to 55 days of interest-free credit. These cardholders are automatically enrolled in the eBucks rewards program, where they can earn up to 60% in discounts and receive rewards when they spend.
The general benefits of the FNB credit card include:
- Fnb travel insurance when purchasing flight tickets with their credit card,
- Automatic debt protection to a certain maximum depending on the credit card,
- Access to exclusive deals from selected partners,
- Personalized interest rate and more.
First National Bank has a variety of high-value credit cards that offer everything from cash back to travel rewards. Here’s what you need to know about Fnb best card offerings, who these cards may be best for, and break down why these are our top picks for the best cards available from our credit card partner, FNB. Read our previously published article on FNB credit card requirements.
How to choose a FNB credit card?
It’s important to have a firm understanding of what you’re looking for from your credit card. Here are a few questions to ask yourself before applying:
What are your financial goals and personal spending habits?
There is no one-size-fits-all credit card. Determining which card will offer you the most value comes down to your goals and spending habits. If travel is an important part of your life and you want to earn rewards, one of FNB travel rewards cards might be a good fit for you. If you’re interested in managing high-interest debt, look for the best offer for doing a balance transfer with FNB.
It’s also important to understand your spending habits because certain cards within a category might offer bonus rewards for certain expenses. Knowing which categories you spend the most in each month will help you choose a card that will earn the most rewards.
To find the FNB credit cards for our list, we evaluated each card based on its fees, rewards, welcome bonuses, introductory offers, features, and benefits.
- Aspire credit card
- Premier credit card
- Private Client’s credit card
- Private Wealth credit card
- Petro card
Read our previously published article on Why You Should FNB Credit Card Apply Today.
Aspire credit card
If you want this FNB Aspire credit card then your annual income should be from R84,000.00 to R449,999.00. Only then you will get the approval for this card. Credit card holders are automatically enrolled in the FNB eBucks rewards program, where they can earn up to R150.00 in eBucks points. Every year, FNB Aspire credit card holders who spend and save can earn an R1,500.00 shoe voucher per year.
Credit facility service fees R17.00
Initiation fees (once-off) R175.00
Monthly service fee R25.00
Additional service fee R17.50
- Must earn between R84,000.00 to R449,999.00 per annum.
- Have a good credit score.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Provide a recent copy of the payslip.
- 3 months bank statement.
- Comes with free access to the FNB rewards program.
- There are travel benefits.
- The monthly credit facility fee is low.
- There is automatic debt protection.
Features of the Aspire Credit Card
- The credit card grants account holders access to the FNB digital platforms, making credit card transactions simple.
- Monthly eBucks rewards are available to credit card holders.
- The credit card allows for an infinite number of swipes.
- Credit card holders can take advantage of special offers from retailers such as Koodoo, the pet shop, and Cycle Lab.
- When used to purchase return tickets, the credit card includes travel insurance. Slow lounge visits are free 2 times a year.
- The Aspire credit card comes with free automatic debt protection.
- The Features of the gold credit card are beyond comparison compared to other bank first-tier credit cards. This card is packed with so many benefits that you don’t need to pay for and eBucks, for example, may come in handy over time.
- Up to R150 back in eBucks at Checkers, Shoprite, or Usave
- Up to R150 back in eBucks at Clicks
- Up to R150 back in eBucks at Engen
- Up to R150 back in eBucks at Intercape
- Get R50 off on bus tickets and R100 off on selected domestic flights when booking through eBucks Travel on the FNB app.
- Unlock bonus SLOW Lounge visits when booking flights on the FNB app.
Why choose Gold when u can choose FNB Aspire for just R99 p/m? Get 3x MORE value for ur monthly acc fee, not just for you but ur family too! With Aspire u can pay ur monthly acc fee using eBucks + ur spouse/ partner gets 50% off their monthly acc fee! Coming in July! 👊 #LoveFNB pic.twitter.com/fMOXfoOUP5— FNB South Africa (@FNBSA) June 7, 2021
Premier credit card
If you want this FNB Premier credit card then your annual income should be from R350 000 to R849 999. Only then you will get the approval for this card. The credit card comes with a team of dedicated premier bankers and charges a monthly fee of R92.00.
A monthly service fee of R82.00
Initiation fee R175.00
Credit card facility service fee R17
- You must have a good credit score
- Be 18 years or older
- Earn between R350 000 to R849 999.
- Have a South African ID.
- The account gives account holders free access to the FNB eBucks rewards program.
- There is a dedicated team of advisors that are there to assist account holders.
- There are complimentary rewards that can be claimed.
- Account holders get travel benefits, lifestyle, and entertainment benefits.
- There is free access to the FNB digital platforms.
Features of the Premier Credit Card
- 55-day grace period.
- Free prepaid purchases when using the mobile app.
- Free electronic transfer.
- Slow airport lounge access
- Automatic debt protection
- Get an auto payment solution.
- Free card purchases.
- Personalized internet rate.
- Budget facility.
FNB Private Clients Credit Card
If you want this FNB Private Clients credit card then your annual income should be from R750 000 to R1 799 999. Only then you will get the approval of this card. The credit card comes with a team of dedicated premier bankers and charges a monthly fee of R150.00.
Monthly service fee R150. 00
Initiation fee R175.00
Credit card facility service fee R17.00
- Must earn between R750,000.00 to R1,799,999.00 per annum.
- Proof of residence that is not older than 3 months.
- A valid South African ID.
- Must have an excellent credit score.
- There are travel benefits such as free travel insurance.
- Low monthly fee.
- Access to a private banker.
- Slow lounge visits.
- Free enrollment into the FNB eBucks rewards program.
- Access to all FNB digital platforms.
Features of the Private Clients Credit Card
- Budget facility with repayment terms ranging from 6 to 60 months
- FNB Global Travel Insurance protects you no matter where you go in the world.
- Comes with automatic debt protection of up to R12 000, with additional top-up cover available.
Countless virtual cards.
- Purchase protection covers purchases made with your FNB Virtual Credit Card.
- The policy only covers tangible items such as furniture and personal items such as clothing, cell phones, and laptop computers. Coverage is available up to R12 500.
- FNB Credit Card offers the option to budget your unexpected medical expenses at a competitive interest rate.
Make the most of your FNB Virtual Card.— FNB South Africa (@FNBSA) August 3, 2022
✅ Tap to pay
✅ Scan to pay
✅ Make online purchases
Simply link your personal or business card on the FNB App.
𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲 using #LoveFNB & tell us how the FNB Virtual Card has helped u & u could win a voucher up to the value of R1,5k. pic.twitter.com/XtAeaJVzYI
FNB Private Wealth Credit Card
If you want this FNB Private Wealth credit card then your annual income should be from R1.8 million or more. Only then you will get the approval for this card. The credit card comes with a team of dedicated premier bankers and charges a monthly fee of R278.00.
Monthly fees R278.00
Initiation fee R175.00
Credit facility service fee R17.00
- Must earn R1,800,000.00 or more per annum
- Have assets to the value of R15,000,000.00
- Need an excellent credit score.
- Unlimited virtual card.
- Purchase protection cover of up to R15,000.00.
- Access to airport lounges.
- Unlimited card swipes.
- Free global travel insurance.
- Interest-free purchases.
- Up to 5 additional cards at no extra charge.
Features of the Private Wealth Credit Card
- Get up to 55 days of interest-free purchases,
- Get ebook rewards when you buy at selected stores,
- Unpaid mini statements and historic statements,
- Balance inquiries and card purchases at no cost
- Free linked accounts transfer and payments,
- Credit from R100,000.00
- Unpaid card replacement,
- Access to slow lounge
- 24/7 access to a dedicated private banker
FNB Petro Card
The FNB Standalone Petro Card caters to your vehicle fuel, maintenance, and toll purchases, providing you with the necessary assistance when you need it the most. The monthly account fee covers a credit facility, service fee, and credit card account fee. Get access to both a credit facility account and a transactional account linked to a single Petrol card, giving you unparalleled convenience and flexibility.
If you want this Petro credit card then your annual income should be from R84,000.00 to R449,999.00.
Monthly fees R61
Additional card fees of R20
Fuel transaction fee R6.25
Pros and cons of Fnb credit card
|The monthly fee is low
|Minimum income requires R84,000.00
|Access to all FNB digital platforms
|There are no discounts on accommodation and car rental.
|Get travel, lifestyle, and entertainment benefits
|Only a selected few can get a credit card
|Unlimited card swipes
|There are no discounts on accommodation and car rental
|Only a selected few can get a credit card
|Global travel insurance
How to apply for an FNB credit card
Follow these steps to apply for a Fnb card.
- Choose a card that fits your needs.
- Fill out the application with all of the required information.
- Use the card responsibly and always remember to pay on time.
Note: You will need to get a few things to apply for an FNB credit card. Choose the card that you want to apply for then get the following in order.
- Must you have a good credit score?
- Minimum age 18 years
- Have a South African identity proof
- Bank Account
5-step credit card application process
- Tap on the Apply Now button.
- On the Online Account Application page, enter the characters as displayed in the image
- Please complete the six-step assessment
- You may Save and continue later, or Continue at each stage of your assessment
- Click Apply when you have completed your assessment
Read our previously published article on how to check fnb credit card application status.
What credit score do you need for a Fnb credit card?
Every Fnb credit card has a different credit score requirement. A travel rewards credit card or a cash rewards card will typically require a good credit score, while a secured credit card or a Petro card may only require fair credit — or no credit at all.
FNB Credit Card Calculator
How do I contact FNB credit card customer care?
Here’s how you could have contacted customer support:
- Phone: You can usually find a customer service phone number on the back of your FNB credit card. It’s often a toll-free number. Dial the number and follow the prompts to connect with a customer service representative. They will assist you with your credit card-related queries.
- Website: FNB might have a dedicated Contact Us section on their website. You can log in to your online banking account or visit the bank’s official website to find Fnb credit card contact number information, chat options, or a messaging service that allows you to communicate with customer support.
- Live Chat: FNB bank offers a secure chat feature on its website. Check the FNB website to see if they have this option. You can chat with a customer service representative in real time to get assistance.
- Email: You might find an email address firstname.lastname@example.org dedicated to customer service inquiries. Send an email outlining your credit card-related issue, and a customer service representative should get back to you.
- Branch Visit: If you prefer face-to-face communication, you can visit a local FNB branch and speak to a representative there. They can assist or direct you to the appropriate channels for credit card inquiries.
- Social Media: Some banks also provide customer support through social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook. Check FNB’s official social media accounts for information on how to get in touch.
Always make sure to use official contact information from FNB’s official website or other reliable sources. Be cautious about sharing sensitive information like your credit card number or personal identification over insecure channels.
Frequently asked questions
Aspire: Annual income between R84 000 – R449 999.
Premier: Annual income between R350 000 – R849 999.
Private Clients: Annual income between R750 000 – R1 799 999.
Private Wealth: Annual income of R1 800 000 or more.
Petro Card: Earn a minimum of R84 000 p.a.
Ideally, your score should be above 550 points.
Contact FNB if you need to cancel a credit card through the customer service number on the back of your card or call 087 575 9406.
If you’ve submitted an Fnb credit card application and are waiting for approval, you can check on the status of your application online or by calling customer service at 087 575 1111, and 087 736 4800.
Editorial Note: The information in this post is deemed accurate at the time of publication. Please note that we are not affiliated with FNB, and the bank reserves the right to change its operations as it deems fit. Neither the author nor the publisher of this website is liable for any losses that may occur from this use or misuse of the information in this post.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.