If you’ve mistakenly sent an eWallet payment in South Africa through FNB and need to reverse it, follow these steps either via mobile USSD code (*120*321#) or the FNB app. Act promptly to correct errors or prevent fraudulent activity. Additionally, cancellation can be initiated through various channels, such as phone, email, FNB ATM, Mobile Banking app, or Online Banking.
Learn the concise steps to reverse an FNB eWallet transaction in South Africa using either the mobile banking USSD code or the FNB app, ensuring a quick and hassle-free process.
What is eWallet?
eWallet is a digital payment system offered by First National Bank (FNB) in South Africa. It allows anyone to send money to anyone with a valid South African cellphone number, even if the recipient does not have a bank account. The money is transferred instantly and can be used to withdraw cash from an FNB ATM, buy prepaid airtime or electricity, send money to another cellphone, pay to a bank account, and more.
To transfer funds via eWallet, log in to the FNB eWallet platform and select the ‘send money’ option. From there, you need to choose the account from where the funds will be drawn, select the ‘send money to eWallet’ option, and enter the amount and recipient’s phone number. Finally, select ‘send’ and confirm to complete the transaction.
Funds received through eWallet can be withdrawn from FNB ATMs or select retail stores. EWallet transactions only work on mobile phones with current airtime.
How to reverse eWallet transaction
If you’ve accidentally sent money to the wrong person or made a mistake, you can easily reverse the transaction using your mobile device. Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Dial *120*321#
On your mobile phone, dial *120*321# to access the FNB mobile banking menu.
Step 2: Select “Send Money”
Once you’re in the mobile banking menu, select alternative 4 for “Send Money.”
Step 3: Select “eWallet reversal”
Next, select alternative 5 for “eWallet reversal.”
Step 4: Select the transaction to reverse
You will then be presented with a list of your recent eWallet transactions. Select the transaction you want to reverse and follow the prompts to complete the reversal process. Read our previously published article on How to Get FNB eWallet Money.
How to reverse eWallet on the FNB App
If you prefer to use the FNB Banking App to reverse an eWallet transaction, here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1: Open the FNB app
Open the FNB app on your mobile device and log in.
Step 2: Select “Wallet Services”
On the app’s main menu, select “Wallet Services.”
Step 3: Select “Reverse eWallet payment”
Next, select “Reverse eWallet payment” and choose the transaction you want to reverse.
Step 4: Confirm the reversal
Finally, confirm the transaction reversal and follow the prompts to complete the process.
Note: You can also contact the FNB Customer Service during opening hours to stop your already completed transaction. To contact the FNB service center:
Contact FNB Customer Service:
- Call 0875750362 for app-related queries.
- Call 0875759405 for cellphone banking reversals.
- Contact the FNB complaints resolution desk at 0875759405 or email@example.com.
If you email the complaints resolution desk, you must explain your issue exhaustively and provide all the relevant details to resolve your issue quickly. However, you are more likely to be attended to quickly when you call the complaints resolution desk.
Check our previously published article on Reverse EFT Payment on FNB App.
Benefits of Reverse eWallet Transaction
The ability to reverse eWallet transactions is a helpful feature First National Bank (FNB) offers in South Africa. Here are some potential benefits of being able to reverse an eWallet transaction:
- Correcting mistakes: If you accidentally send money to the wrong person or enter the wrong amount, you can quickly reverse the transaction and correct the mistake.
- Fraud prevention: If your eWallet account is compromised, you can reverse any unauthorized transactions to prevent fraudulent activity.
- Convenience: Relying upon an eWallet transaction offers greater convenience and peace of mind, knowing that you can correct any errors or issues that may arise.
To reverse eWallet transaction with FNB, you can use your mobile device to dial a USSD code (*120*321#) and follow the prompts to select the ‘Send Money’ option and then the ‘eWallet Reversal’ option. Alternatively, you can reverse an eWallet transaction through the FNB app by contacting the bank’s customer service.
How to Cancel FNB eWallet?
- Cancelling through Phone or Email:
- You can call eWallet FNB at 087-575-9405 to cancel the eWallet payment.
- Alternatively, you can email eWallet FNB at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the cancellation.
- Cancelling through FNB ATM:
- Visit an FNB ATM and select the green button (Enter/Proceed) or choose “Cardless Services“.
- Select “eWallet Services” and enter your cellphone number, then proceed with the transaction.
- Cancelling through the FNB Mobile Banking app or Online Banking:
- Log in to your FNB Mobile Banking app or Online Banking profile.
- Click on the “Transact” tab and select “eWallet Services” under “Send Money“.
- Choose “Cancel eWallet” to initiate the cancellation process.
- Cancelling through the FNB App:
- Open the FNB App and log in using your details.
- Select the “Transact” icon located at the bottom of the screen.
- From the list of options, choose “E-Wallet“.
- Locate the specific transfer you want to cancel and select “Cancel” next to it.
It’s important to note that the cancellation process should be done as quickly as possible, especially if time is of the essence. Additionally, if an eWallet is active, auto-reversal will not take place, and you may need to initiate the reversal by contacting the eWallet Call Center or using USSD (*120*321#).
Note: Remember to keep any relevant documentation, such as cancellation reference numbers or emails, for future reference. Read our previously published article on FNB card activation on cellphone banking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Money received from another person stays a Minimum of 24 hours or a maximum of 15 business days in an inactive eWallet before being automatically reversed to the sender.
To reverse an eWallet transaction with FNB in South Africa, dial *120*321# on your mobile and follow the prompts, or use the FNB app by selecting “Wallet Services” and then “Reverse eWallet payment.” Act swiftly if you send money to the wrong number to prevent withdrawal.
In conclusion, you can reverse an eWallet payment in South Africa using your mobile device or the FNB app by following the steps outlined in this article. You will be able to reverse your transaction in no time.
Editorial Note: The information in this post is deemed accurate at the time of publication. Please note that we are not affiliated with FNB, and the bank reserves the right to change its operations as it deems fit. Neither the author nor the publisher of this website is liable for any losses that may occur from this use or misuse of the information in this post.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.