In today’s fast-paced world, owning a car has become not just a luxury but a necessity. It provides convenience and freedom, allowing us to travel whenever and wherever we want. However, along with the privilege of owning a car also comes the responsibility of protecting it from unexpected incidents.
This is where car insurance plays an important role, but with so many options available in the market, choosing the one best suited for your needs can be a daunting task. However, if you are looking for top-notch coverage, excellent customer service, and a range of benefits to suit your needs, then FNB car insurance could be the best choice for you.
In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss in detail what is FNB car insurance, its benefits, coverage options, how to buy FNB car insurance online, and why it is the top choice for many car owners. Read our previously published article on FNB Travel Insurance.
What is FNB Auto Insurance?
First National Bank (FNB), one of South Africa’s top financial institutions, offers a specialized insurance product called FNB Auto Insurance. At FNB, we recognize the value of your vehicle, and our primary goal is to grant you the reassurance of knowing that you have financial protection in the event of accidents, theft, or unforeseen incidents.
About FNB Car Insurance
FNB offers car insurance monetary coverage to the insured car against unpredictable loss or damages. Since insurance is absolutely necessary for every car owner in South Africa, FNB Bank has come up with tailor-made car insurance plans that fit the necessities and provisions needed by an individual to cover his/her car against unforeseen expenses.
FNB is the country’s largest and foremost leading commercial bank in terms of profit, balance sheet, deposits, customer base, and network of branches. FNB Car Insurance policy package gives you the freedom to control and enjoy your car despite all the roadblocks that you face. The policy has been designed to cover the mandatory third-party liability along with its own damages. All cars are insured on the basis of their Insured Declared Value.
Types of FNB Motor Insurance Plans in South Africa
Every kind of vehicle that runs on South African roads has to have an insurance plan. Depending on the kind of vehicle and its usage, FNB offers its customers different types of motor insurance, Let us take a look at them:
- Private Car Insurance Plans
This kind of insurance plan is for vehicles that are for private use only. Depending on the kind of policy you choose, you can cover your car for damage and third-party liability. It safeguards your car and lets you enjoy the journeys you make, to the fullest.
- Third-Party Liability Car Insurance
Mandated by the Motor Vehicle Act, of 1996, this kind of insurance plan is compulsory for every motorized vehicle. Your car caused an accident, and it will cover the damages to the third party, but it won’t cover your damages.
- Comprehensive or Package Car Insurance
In a full car insurance policy, if you have an accident, it will cover the costs of repairing your car as well as any harm or injuries to third parties. You also have the option to include add-ons in this kind of insurance plan.
- Standalone Own Damage Policy-Private Car Insurance
If you have a third-party insurance cover for your car, you can opt for an own-damage standalone cover. It will cover the damages to your vehicle due to an accident, theft, or because of a natural/ man-made disaster.
- Third-Party Liability Car Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance Plans
Commercial Vehicle is covered in the following ways:
- Passenger Carrying Vehicle Insurance
When you have passengers in your vehicle, it becomes your responsibility and duty to keep them safe and covered. This is commercial vehicle insurance that covers a passenger-carrying vehicle such as a bus against natural as well as man-made calamities.
- Goods Carrying Vehicle Insurance
As the name suggests this kind of insurance is for commercial vehicles that are used to transport business goods and products from one place to another. It would offer coverage against theft, accidents, and natural and man-made disasters.
- Miscellaneous Vehicle Insurance
Vehicles such as tractors, excavators, mobile rigs, shovels, grabs, etc can be insured under miscellaneous vehicle insurance.
- Passenger Carrying Vehicle Insurance
Benefits of the FNB Car Insurance Policy Package
Having a First National Bank car insurance product offers lots of benefits, including Fnb Car Insurance Quotes:
- You can negotiate affordable premiums to secure the best coverage at the most competitive prices.
- Availability of affordable auto insurance that can be easily customized.
- You receive multiple quotes from some of South Africa’s most reputable insurance companies.
- It includes a basic excess waiver.
- Cover for natural disasters.
- The policies are open driver policies, allowing you to add multiple drivers.
- Enjoy free roadside assistance.
- Get complimentary evaluations on specific products.
- FNB can cover all your risks under 1 policy.
- Receive expert advice on what to insure and what not to insure.
- Each policy comes with its own claims broker who will assist you with your insurance needs.
What is Covered under FNB Car Insurance?
1. FNB Private Car Insurance Policy-Package covers:
- Compulsory Third-Party Liability
In case of injury or death of a person or any kind of damage that is caused to the property of a third party is covered.
- Loss and Damage
Loss or damage to your car due to:
- Accidental damages
- Damages when the vehicle is in transit
- Burglary/ theft of the car
- Man-Made Disasters
When your vehicle suffers damages due to riots, strikes, terrorist activities, or some malicious acts, the damages are covered by the company.
- Natural Disasters
If your vehicle gets damaged in accidents caused by events like lightning, earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc. the repair cost will be covered.
- Personal Accident Cover
Emergency medical response to the scene of a medical emergency and medical transportation are limited to R10 000 per incident.
- Paid Driver
2. FNB Third-Party Liability Car Insurance covers:
- For damage you may cause to another vehicle or property
- Or when another person uses your covered vehicle
- Legal liabilities that may arise due to third-party injury/damage
- Your own vehicle is not covered and you will not receive a payout in any event.
3. Comprehensive cover
- Accident or intentional incident by a third party, theft or hijacking, fire, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, freezing, snow or hail, or by animals (excluding domestic animals).
- Locks and keys
- Towing and storage. Takaful Assist is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Windscreen and permanent window glass
- Emergency repairs – if an incident takes place while away from home and would normally be covered
- Emergency accommodation – if an incident takes place more than 100km from your home and your vehicle can’t be driven
- Repatriation-receive a cash payment to help with costs if you break down outside South Africa (Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland and Zimbabwe)
- Third-party liability – for damage you may cause to another vehicle or property, driving a vehicle that does not belong to you (excluding rentals), or when another person uses your insured vehicle
- Roadside assistance
- Emergency medical assistance
- Trauma counseling
- Vehicle modification – If you are disabled after an incident covered on your policy, we will pay to modify your vehicle to make it more accessible or to drive it.
What is not Covered under the FNB Car Insurance Policy Package?
Despite offering extensive coverage, there are still certain aspects that are not covered under FNB vehicle insurance. Given below is a list of some of the exclusions. For an exhaustive list of exclusions, please refer to the company policy wordings. Driving under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxication
- Normal wear and tear of the car
- Accident that is caused due to your negligence
- Electrical and mechanical breakdowns
- Driving without a valid license
- Self-inflicted accidents
- Damage due to war
How to Apply for the FNB Car Insurance Policy Package?
If you wish to buy FNB car insurance, there are specific things needed to qualify to apply for the FNB insurance cover.
- You need to be 18 years or older
- Have a valid FNB transactional account or vehicle asset finance with WesBank
- Valid SA ID book/Smart ID card
Online Apply Process
- Navigate to the official website https://www.fnb.co.za/insurance/car/protect-your-assets.html
- Scroll down and tap on Apply Now.
- After that, enter your RSA ID (To verify your banking records) & phone number.
- After filling in all the details tap on continue and follow the instructions showing on your screen.
Claim Process of FNB Car Insurance Policy Package
FNB has a dedicated and experienced team that offers a quick, fair, and convenient claim procedure. In case of a claim, you can approach FNB insurance customer service through any of the following mediums:
Here is the Fnb Car Insurance Contact details:
- Fnb Car Insurance Contact Number – 087 312 0001, 087 575 9408
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Submitting the Claim Form at an FNB branch
- Through your Insurance Representative
Frequently Asked Questions
For claims contact us on 087 312 0001 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To complain, contact us on 087 575 9408 or email email@example.com.
FNB auto insurance calculates your premium by taking into account various factors. These factors include your vehicle’s make and model, your driving history, where you live, the coverage options you choose, and your deductible. If you’re a safe driver with a clean record, you’ll usually get the benefit of lower premiums.
Yes, you can often transfer your existing car insurance to FNB if you switch banks. FNB may assist you in making the transition and adjusting your policy accordingly. However, terms and conditions may apply, so it’s essential to contact them for specific details.
Editorial Note: The information in this post is deemed accurate at the time of publication. Please note that we are not affiliated with FNB, and the bank reserves the right to change its operations as it deems fit. Neither the author nor the publisher of this website is liable for any losses that may occur from this use or misuse of the information in this post.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.