If you’re an FNB account holder in South Africa looking to update your mobile number, two methods are available: FNB Online Banking and visiting a local FNB branch. Online Banking offers a convenient self-service option, while the branch method involves submitting a Letter of Request for a mobile number update.
I have mentioned two methods to change the mobile number in your FNB bank account. You can follow any one of these methods and update your mobile number easily.
✅FNB Online Banking
✅Visit the nearest FNB branch
Method 1: Change Your Mobile Number in FNB via online banking
- Visit the official website of FNB- www.fnb.co.za.
- Log in to your account. Now, select the “menu” tab.
- There, click on the “My Profile” link.
- Select your info to see the Display Name, Email ID, and mobile number.
- Click on the link “Change Mobile Number.”
- A new screen will appear. There you would be asked to enter the new mobile number. Enter and submit it.
- A pop-up message “Verify and Confirm your mobile number xxxxxxxxxx” will appear on the screen.
- Click on “OK” to proceed.
- Follow the prompts
- Select ‘Finish’
Please Note: If you change your mobile number by following the above-mentioned method. Your mobile number will be changed for the online banking facility only or, branch only. Read our previously published article on the FNB Mobile Banking App.
Method 2: Change the Mobile Number in FNB via the FNB Branch
- Visit your nearest FNB Branch.
- Ask for a Letter of Request.
- Fill in the required details and hand it over to the executive.
- The number would be updated by the branch after successful verification.
- Once done, you will receive a message on your registered mobile number.
Check our previously published article on Universal Branch Codes For Top South African Banks
Things to keep in mind while changing your number
- Make sure to update your phone number on all your banking accounts, including savings accounts and credit cards.
- Double-check that you have entered your new phone number correctly.
- Be aware that some banks may require you to verify your new phone number before updating it.
- Remember that the changes may take up to 24 hours to reflect on your account.
Sometimes you may get an error saying, “Your Request Can Not Be Processed.” If you get the error, you should contact customer care of FNB Bank at 087 575 9404 for the resolution.
Check our previously published article on Buy Prepaid Electricity With FNB Mobile Banking.
Frequently Asked Questions
To change your mobile number in FNB Online Banking, login, go to “My Profile,” select “Change Mobile Number,” enter the new number, verify, and follow the prompts. Changes may take up to 24 hours to reflect. If issues arise, contact FNB customer care at 087 575 9404.
You can only receive the OTP via SMS, Online Banking, and the FNB Banking App.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.