Investec is an Anglo-South African international banking and wealth management group. It provides a range of financial products and services to a client base in Europe, Southern Africa, and Asia-Pacific. They have the largest nationwide network of Investec bank branches and offer an array of accounts ranging from basic accounts to premium ones. At this bank, you can be assured of finding an account to fits your criteria.
To save for the future, customers across the country have the option of opening an Investec Bank Account. The savings accounts offered by Investec Bank come with the comfort of online banking facilities and free phone and mobile banking facilities. Customers have the option of opening a savings account either at an Investec closest to them or through the bank’s online facilities.
Eligibility Criteria to Open Investec Bank Savings Account
To be eligible to open a savings account in Investec Bank, customers need to meet certain criteria; Investec Bank Account Requirements:
- Should be a citizen of South Africa.
- The applicant should be 18 years and above to be eligible. In the case of minors, the parents or legal guardians of the minor can open the account on their behalf.
- Must earn R800 000 or more per year to qualify*.
- The applicant is required to have a valid identity and address proof that is government-approved.
- Once the application is verified by the bank, the applicant will have to make an initial deposit – depending on the minimum balance requirement of that particular savings account he/she has chosen.
Why Choose an Investec Bank Savings Account?
Through its network of branches in South Africa and overseas, Investec provides a range of financial products including the Investec Bank Account. The savings account has a variety of benefits and services. The most attractive features are that the savings account does not require a minimum balance and provides an Automated Teller Machine (ATM)/Debit card, net banking, debit card, and mobile banking facilities.
Key Benefits of Investec Bank Savings Account
The following are the key benefits of the savings account:
- Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Cellphone Banking
- Transfer accounts to any Investec Branch without changing the account number
- Passbook issued free of charge
- Multicity cheques
- Safe Deposit lockers
- Nomination facility
- Personal Accident Insurance and car insurance are available at a nominal premium
- Multiple variants of ATM/Debit Cards like Gold Cards, International ATM/Debit Cards, etc.
Here are some of the additional benefits of an Investec Bank savings account:
- Mobile Banking provides a host of services like funds transfers, interbank mobile payment services, enquiry and Investec Bank account statements, chequebook requests, utility bill payments, mobile recharges, and trading.
- Some of the facilities of Investec Online Banking are opening and closing fixed deposits and transferring funds paying utility bills, online shopping, viewing statements, and Demat operations, and setting standing instructions.
- The Debit card can be used for balance enquiry, withdrawing money, paying insurance premiums, shopping, donations, and card-to-card transfers. Read our previously published article on Investec Bank Fd Interest Rates.
How to open an Investec Bank Savings Account?
Follow the steps mentioned below to open a savings account online at Investec:
- Visit the official website of Investec Bank (www.investec.com).
- Under the ‘Accounts’ section, Tap on the ‘Savings Account’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Enter the requested details such as your name, date of birth, address, etc., in the application form.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Once this process is finished, go to the branch with the necessary documentation.
- Investec Bank will initiate the verification process and activate your account within three to five business days.
Steps to Open an Account in Investec Bank Offline
To open a savings account at any nearest Investec Bank branch, customers will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest branch of the Bank.
- Step 2: Ask for a form to open a savings account.
- Step 3: Fill out the form according to the specifications.
- Step 4: Enter all the requested information and submit it along with relevant documents.
- Step 5: Deposit a minimum amount of R100,000.
- Step 6: Take your free passbook and chequebook once the process is completed.
Open an Account with the Investec App
- Download the Investec App
- Choose the account you would like to open
- Tell us who you are
- To keep you safe, we will verify your cell mobile number
- Take a selfie, and we will do facial matching with the Department of Home Affairs to confirm you are who you say you are
- Tell us where you live
- Let us know what you do for a living and your income
- Click Apply.
This is another way Investecbank is finding innovative ways of doing business with our customers in mind. That is Africanacity, that is Investec.
Investec Bank Account Helpline
FAQs on Steps to Open Investec Bank Account
For an Investec Fixed Savings Account, you need to deposit a minimum of R100,000 to open this account.
If your salary is R600 000 or more a year, before bonus or incentives, you’re welcome to apply for Private Banking from Investec.
It usually takes up to 2 hours.
Editorial Note: The information presented in this article is not provided by the Investec Bank. The article has been created for educational purposes and is intended to be helpful for customers of the Bank. It should be emphasized that the content is not endorsed or validated by the Bank, and readers should refer to the official website for accurate and up-to-date information about the bank’s products and services.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.