Bidvest Bank is the most trusted and leading name among banks in South Africa. They have the largest nationwide network of Bidvest bank branches and offer an array of accounts ranging from basic accounts to premium ones. At this bank, you can be assured of finding an account to fits your criteria.
To save for the future, customers across the country have the option of opening a Bidvest Bank Account. The savings accounts offered by Bidvest Bank come with the comfort of online banking facilities and free phone and mobile banking facilities. Customers have the option of opening a savings account either at a Bidvest closest to them or through the bank’s online facilities.
Eligibility Criteria to Open Bidvest Bank Savings Account
To be eligible to open a savings account in Bidvest, customers need to meet certain criteria.
- Should be a citizen of South Africa.
- The applicant should be 18 years and above to be eligible. In the case of minors, the parents or legal guardians of the minor can open the account on their behalf.
- The applicant is required to have a valid identity and address proof that is government-approved.
- Once the application is verified by the bank, the applicant will have to make an initial deposit – depending on the minimum balance requirement of that particular savings account he/she has chosen.
Why Choose a Bidvest Bank Savings Account?
Through its network of branches in South Africa and overseas, Bidvest provides a range of financial products including the Bidvest Savings Account. The savings account has a variety of benefits and services. The most attractive features are that the savings account does not require a minimum balance and provides an Automated Teller Machine (ATM)/Debit card, net banking, credit card, and mobile banking facilities.
Key Benefits of Bidvest Savings Account
The following are the key benefits of the Bidvest Bank savings account:
- Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Cellphone Banking
- Transfer accounts to any Bidvest Bank Branch without changing the account number
- Passbook issued free of charge
- Multicity cheques
- Safe Deposit lockers
- Nomination facility
- Personal Accident Insurance and car insurance are available at a nominal premium
- Multiple variants of ATM/Debit Cards like Gold Cards, International ATM/Debit Cards, etc.
Here are some of the additional benefits of a Bidvest savings account:
- Mobile Banking provides a host of services like funds transfers, interbank mobile payment services, enquiry and Bidvest Bank statements, chequebook requests, utility bill payments, mobile recharges, and M-Commerce.
- Some of the facilities of Bidvest Online Banking are opening and closing fixed deposits and transferring funds paying utility bills, online shopping, viewing statements and Demat operations, and setting standing instructions.
- The Debit card can be used for balance enquiry, withdrawing money, paying insurance premiums, shopping, donations, and card-to-card transfers.
How To Open an Online Bidvest Bank Savings Account?
Follow the steps mentioned below to open a savings account online at Bidvest Bank:
- Visit the official website of Bidvest Bank (www.bidvestbank.co.za)
- Under the ‘Accounts’ section, Tap on the ‘Savings Account’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Apply’ option.
- Enter the requested details such as your name, date of birth, address, etc., in the application form.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Once this process is finished, go to the branch with the necessary documentation.
- Bidvest will initiate the verification process and activate your account within three to five business days.
Steps to Open an Account in Bidvest Bank Offline
To open a Bidvest Bank account at any nearest Bidvest Bank branch, customers will have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest branch of Bidvest Bank.
- Step 2: Ask for a form to open a savings account.
- Step 3: Fill out the form according to the specifications.
- Step 4: Enter all the requested information and submit it along with relevant documents.
- Step 5: Deposit a minimum amount of R1000.
- Step 6: Take your free passbook and chequebook once the process is completed.
Open an Account with the Bidvest Banking App
- Download the Bidvest Bank App
- Choose the account you would like to open
- Tell us who you are
- To keep you safe, we will verify your cell phone number
- Take a selfie, and we will do facial matching with the Department of Home Affairs to confirm you are who you say you are
- Tell us where you live
- Let us know what you do for a living and your income
- Click Apply.
This is another way Bidvest is finding innovative ways of doing business with our customers in mind.
Bidvest Account Helpline
FAQs on Steps to Open Bidvest Account
R6.00 per month admin fee + individual transaction costs.
Rennies Bank rebranded into Bidvest Bank. The bank maintains over 140 retail banking outlets across South Africa.
You can withdraw cash from any SASWITCH ATM. You do not need to find a specific Bidvest Bank ATM. You can also withdraw cash from Shoprite, Checkers, Usave, Boxer, or Pick ‘n Pay stores. You can perform a cash withdrawal only or withdraw cash with a purchase of goods.
Editorial Note: The information presented in this article is not provided by the Bidvest Bank. The article has been created for educational purposes and is intended to be helpful for customers of the Bank. It should be emphasized that the content is not endorsed or validated by the Bank, and readers should refer to the official website for accurate and up-to-date information about the bank’s products and services.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.