Here is a step-by-step guide to easily apply for a credit card in the African Bank.
- The minimum age to apply for the African Bank credit card should be at least 18 years.
- The maximum age to apply for a credit card should not be more than 60 years.
- The credit score of the applicant must be decent to avail of a Black credit card.
With the advancement in technology, applying for a credit card has become simpler and easier. African Bank offers various rewards for transactions done via credit card. Through African Bank, you can effortlessly apply for an African Bank Black Credit Card through the official website, www.africanbank.co.za.
What is the African Bank credit card?
This card is a financial product offered by African Bank, a banking institution in various countries including South Africa. Black card is designed to offer customers a wide range of benefits and features that suit their lifestyle and financial needs.
Key features of the Black Credit Card typically include:
- Up to 62 days of interest-free credit on POS and online purchases, if you settle your outstanding balance in full by the due date.
- African Bank typically offers online banking platforms and mobile apps that allow cardholders to manage their accounts, track their spending, and make payments conveniently.
- Advanced security features such as chip technology and one-time passwords help protect against fraudulent transactions.
- African Bank generally provides customer support services to assist cardholders with any inquiries, issues, or concerns related to their credit card account.
- You can earn up to 3% interest on a positive balance on the card.
- Set your personalized transaction limits. (If you have not set your personalized limits, the African Bank discretionary default limits will apply).
- Credit limits up to R250K.
African Bank Credit Card Fee 2024
Earn Audacious Rewards points every time you swipe your African Bank Debit Card!— African Bank (@AfricanBank) October 18, 2023
FREE swipes, FREE rewards!
Learn more: https://t.co/YhJP1N1WsJ#RewardsYouCanCountOn #AfricanBank #AudacityToBelieve pic.twitter.com/QunczSadPX
|Monthly service fee
|Card replacement fee
|SMS messaging service
|Statement reprint per page
|POS Balance enquiry
|Purchases in South Africa
|Cash back at POS
|Prepaid Airtime Top-up
|Prepaid Electricity Top-up
|Lotto and Powerball
|Pay@ deposits – Cash
|R6.00 for the first R500, & 2.00%
of the transaction value above R500.
|Credit interest rate
What are the requirements for African Bank Black Credit Card approval?
Race day is fast approaching! The good news is that you still have time to enter the @SowetoMarathon, if you haven’t done so already. And, to make things more interesting, we’re giving entrants that use their African Bank Credit or Debit Card to pay the entry fee 50% back in… pic.twitter.com/l6vrht7TyP— African Bank (@AfricanBank) October 30, 2023
The African Bank Credit Card is issued instantly at any African Bank Branch, allowing you more convenience and peace of mind with lots of features and benefits. Before applying for this credit card, it is important to know what the requirements are for its approval.
- Have a good credit score above 550.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Provide a recent copy of the payslip.
- 3 months bank statement.
- Your income and employment details
How to apply for a credit card in African Bank
To apply for the black credit card, you have first to check the eligibility criteria, whether you are a salaried or self-employed individual. The bank provides several credit cards based on the eligibility criteria of the person who has applied for the cards. Several factors determine the eligibility of a candidate:
1- Age: To apply for a credit card, the applicant’s minimum age should be at least 18 years. The maximum age for the applicant to apply for a credit card is 60 years.
2- Credit Score: The credit score plays a crucial role in deciding whether an applicant is eligible for a credit card or not. The credit score of a credit card applicant must be decent enough to get a black credit card.
3- Income: A person with a regular income can apply for a card.
4- Documentation: Different documents such as valid proof of identity, address, and income are required to apply for a credit card.
Here are some steps to applying for a credit card at African Bank
- Visit the official website of the African Bank, www.africanbank.co.za.
- Choose the best credit card according to your needs.
- Now, select a Card of choice and click ‘Apply Now’.
- Fill in the form and verify your mobile number.
- Tap on the next step and follow the online instructions.
- Once you are done with submitting the form, a representative from the bank will contact you. If you’re eligible for the credit card, your form will be processed further and you’ll receive the card.
Note: If your card is lost or stolen, report the loss or theft immediately by contacting African Bank at 0861 000 555 or +27 11 256 9988. You can also dial *120*225# from your cellphone, visit africanbank.co.za, or use your African Bank App. Read our previously published article on checking African bank credit card application status.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can apply for a new credit card online at www.africanbank.co.za, using our African Bank App, dialing the call African Bank customer helpline number on 0860 333 004, or by visiting any of our African Bank branches.
Visit your nearest African Bank branch to get a printed embossed Credit card. After your Credit Card is activated, you will receive an SMS notification that your card can be used to perform transactions.
You must be over 18 to apply for a new card and will need to produce a recent proof of income that reflects at least three salary payments (i.e. payslips) and a recent bank statement reflecting three salary deposits.
Editorial Note: The information presented in this article is not provided by the African Bank. The article has been created for educational purposes and is intended to be helpful for customers of the Bank. It should be emphasized that the content is not endorsed or validated by the Bank, and readers should refer to the official website for accurate and up-to-date information about the bank’s products and services.
Hello friends, my name is RK Singh, and I am an engineer. But by profession, I am a blogger. My main goal in starting this blog is to solve the difficulties people face in using online banking, bank branch codes, debit cards, and credit cards. I am not affiliated with any bank or company. I try my best to give the correct information to the people so that they can achieve their goals in the right way.
For More Information, Please Follow Me On Social Media.